Annually Kearney Orthopedic and Fracture Clinic arranges for Scouts and adult leaders to get a free physical for Scout camp for free. Doctors, nurses, and other health practitioners from Kearney Orthopedic and from around the area graciously donate their time and facilities to do this for Scouting.
These same physical can be used for school, sport, or other organizations as well. Bring in those forms if you have them.
This is the only time these free physicals will be offered free to Scouts, leaders, and parents.
Scouts and adults wanting to attend need to be aware of the following:
- There is a new physical form in use. It can be found by clicking on Details on the event at the right and going to the Resources Tab.
- Cub Scouts and their leaders/parents do not need physicals. Physicals are only needed for activities that last over 72 hours and Cub Scout camps in the Overland Trails Council do not last that long.
- This is a basic physical so no blood or bodily fluids will have to be given
- You MUST completely fill out Parts A and B of the current physical form and bring them along with you. The doctor will fill out Part C. If you do not bring Parts A and B filled out, you will not be able to get a physical.
- You are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to download and type into Parts A and B. It makes it much easier for the health practitioner to read when you bring it in. It is also much easier for camp staff to read it when you turn it in at camp and other Scouting events. You can also save the form on your computer after you've typed it and easily make changes if things change during the year.
- Be sure to be at Kearney Orthopedic no later than 7:00 p.m., otherwise you may not get seen.
- Units are encouraged, but not required, to collect all health forms completed during that day and put them in a 3-ring binder. This way you can turn in the binder at camp, keep everything in one place, and get it back at the end.
Click on details in the upper right-hand corner to get detailed map, contact information for questions, and the current version of the health form needed under the resources tab. You must have the current version of the health form. All previous versions will not be accepted.