4th Annual Turkey Hunt in Support of Scouting
Camp Augustine - Doniphan, Nebraska
Hunt Dates: May 5-14, 2017
ONLINE AUCTION FEBRUARY 12 AT 7:00 PM TO FEBRUARY 22 AT 7:00 PM (Central Time)
Bids must be placed online with eBay
This hunt supports camp maintenance and improvements at camping properties in Overland Trails Council, Boy Scouts of America. These properties include Camp Augustine, Whispering Cedars, and Scout 40. These camps host programs and events throughout the year for nearly 4,000 youth registered in the Boy Scouts of America.
- Sold by online auction that begins at 7:00 pm central on February 12 and ends at 7:00 pm central on February 22, 2017.
- Up to 10 days/9 nights exclusive access to Camp Augustine. Stay/hunt for all days for just a few.
- Camp is reserved from May 6-15, 2016 exclusively for this hunt and the hunt must take place within those dates.
- Bow and/or shotgun allowed.
- Exclusive hunting on 140 acres of Camp Augustine along the Platte River between Grand Island and Doniphan.
- Local and regional airports have flights from several major US cities.
- 90 minutes from Lincoln and 2 hours from Omaha.
- Lodging provided if needed in heated and air conditioned cabins with beds, table & chairs, cook top and fridge.
- Showers available in shower house.
- You may bring a camper—electricity and water will be provided.
- Arrangements can be made for storage of turkeys until you leave.
- Maximum 6 hunters allowed.
- Both adults and youth may participate in hunt, but youth must be accompanied by adult while hunting.
- All state laws and regulations regarding hunting must be followed, including permitting.
- Hunting permitted in all areas of camp except Ranger maintenance/house area, parking lot, or near any buildings/program structures.
- Alcohol is not permitted on any property owned or operated by the Boy Scouts of America.
- No refunds will be given if hunt not used during designated time in 2017.
- We will communicate via email/phone once auction has ended to work out details.
Overland Trails Council, BSA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. A receipt will be provided for tax purposes.