Charter Renewal Training
Each District will conduct charter renewal training. At this training units will receive their charter renewal packages and important information to help make the unit charter renewal process as simple as possible.
Buffalo Bill October 15th 7:00 pm Western Service Center – North Platte
Covered Wagon October 19th 7:00 pm First United Methodist Kearney - Heritage room
Pony Express October 20th 6:30 pm First St. Pauls Lutheran Church – Hastings
Pawnee October 22nd 6:30 pm Grand Island Scout Office
CHANGES IN 2015
- The National Council recently announced there will no longer be a “lapse period” for units that fail to recharter on time. A unit that has not reregistered by its expiration date will be considered “separated” and immediately dropped from BSA’s membership reporting. Units and their members who do not recharter on time will not have access to Scouting services and programs from the local council such as advancements, Scout Camps, activities and events until the rechartering process is complete.
- To avoid rechartering issues that may cause your unit to become “separated”, 2016 charters need to be turned in by December 15, 2015. This allows the Council Service Center time to process all renewals prior to their expiration date so the unit will not be added to the “separated” listing.
- To establish consistency in the registration requirements across all programs, regardless of age, participants who are 18 but not yet 21 must register as adults. However, this does not affect their eligibility to participate in programs such as Venturing and Sea Scouting. The primary purpose of the change is to ensure that all persons legally considered adults meet adult membership requirements, including undergoing a criminal background check and meeting the BSA’s Youth Protection requirements and membership standards. As such, anyone who will be 18 and over must complete an Adult Application and YPT and submit this documentation with the charter paperwork.
- Then click on First-Time User if this is your first time logging in this year, otherwise, click on returning user.
- Then log in to your MyParticipation account. Click on "My Tools" then on "Online Post Renewal"