The Overland Trails Council (the Council) strives to achieve a balance among the consumer’s expectations, providing quality customer service and adventures, and protecting the assets of the organization.
In advance of each event, the Council commits financial resources to employ staff, purchase food and program supplies, and prepare the event facility. Consequently, participants are also expected to make a financial commitment to attend Council events. Even though you may not be able to participate in an event or activity in which you prepaid due to a family situation or choose not to participate due to the weather forecast, this does not change the fact that the Council purchased good and services on your behalf in expectation of your participation.
To ensure the Council can provide the best service to the families and to make better investments in the lives of our youth, the Overland Trails Council has adopted the refund policy that follows. This policy applies to all events and activities held at the council or district level in the Council.
- Paid registration fees may be refunded for any reason under the following conditions:
- Up to fourteen (14) days before the beginning of the event, a refund of 75% of the fees may be given.
- From the thirteenth (13th) day up to seven (7) days before the event, a refund of 50% of the fees may be given.
- After seven (7) days before the event, no refund may be given.
- Paid registration fees may be refunded in full for the following reasons:
- Accident rendering the participant incapable of participating
- Illness rendering the participant incapable of participating
- Death of a close family member (parent, sibling, or grandparent)
- Fees may be transferred from one participant to another before the start of the event.
- Fees may be transferred to another session within the same event and same year, but fees may not be transferred to another event or another year.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- If the event is cancelled by the Council, refunds will be automatically issued.
- All refund requests must be made within ten (10) days of the end of the event.
- All refund requests must be made in writing on the form provided below.